Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chapter 9: The Proposal

Hi all. Sorry for the long absence. I don't know if this will make up for it or not, but this is a 100% Angel-Free chapter. It's sucky and overwritten, but at least there's no crying. Well, mostly. Anyhoo, without further ado, I hereby present:

Chapter 9: The Proposal

Dustin checked for what must've been the thousandth time that night for the ring. Still there. He breathed a sigh of relief.

He rang Alexandra's doorbell. She came to the door before he could move his finger from the button. SHe was wearing a silky red blouse and a matching skirt [hawt]. Her soft brown hair was spritzed into its beautiful short style [double hawt]. Her liquid brown eyes lit up with love when she set them on Dustin.

Every time Dustin saw her his breath was robbed from him by her sheer beauty [woah, 13-year-old me, that's some line!]. He loved every inch of her [!], from her soft tan skin to her full red lips, from her incredible intelligence to her loving ways. From the tip of her toes to the top of her head, she was perfect.

A look of deep misery and sadness was distorting her lovely face. She invited him in and pulled him onto her couch before he could kiss her hello.

"Dustin, we have to talk." He held her shaking hand gently as she continued. "That is if you want to talk to me after what happened."

"What are you talking about, Alex?"

"I just totaled your friendship with Barry. It's all my fault. Please don't play innocent, it'll only hurt me more when you go."

"Alex, I won't leave you. I love you more than I've ever loved another soul. And nothing that happened between me and Barry was your fault. I don't blame you for anything."

She still looked a little doubtful. "You don't?"

"No. Of course not."

"Then you didn't come over here to break up with me?"

"No!" He said smiling. He had come over to do something else, something wonderful.

"Oh Dustin, I'm so happy to hear that. The thought of losing you is unbearable." She buried her face in his chest and held on to him like the wolrd would end tomorrow.

"I feel the same way about you, Alex."

"Then why are you here?"

It wasn't exactly the most romantic moment, but oppurtunity only knocks once. He pulled her to gently to her feet, got onto one knee, and presented the diamond ring.

"Alexandra, will you marry me?"

Her jaw dropped and tears welled in her eyes.

"Dustin! I dont know what to say! I ... I ... yes!" She threw her arms around his neck and he clapsed her around the waist and swung her around in a circle while she covered him with kisses.


NOTES:

1) Well that was exciting. And grotesquely trite. But still more romantic than the way I got my engagement ring (his mom just handed it to me). Good for you, Dullexandra. I'm sure Barry will handle this very well.

So that was a pretty short chapter. But I prefer to think of it as mercifully short. I can't believe that Angel didn't even get a mention. No worries, folks, she's back with a bland blonde vengeance in ... Chapter 10 - Spreading Good News. BONUS: We get to see Angel's house. SUPER BONUS: egregious declaration of love. Seeya next time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the phrase: "Her liquid brown eyes lit up with love when she set them on Dustin." There is so much good stuff in it - liquid that lights up when it is set up, plus it lights up with love. I also liked how Dustin -- is he a 55 year-old man from Nantucket having a name like Dustin -- loved her from "her incredible intelligence to her loving ways." Sounds very erotic.

The Carter's said...

Your hubby's mom handed you the ring? My hubby proposed while I was in the bathroom. Twu wuv.

Yeah, the 'liquid brown eyes' thing got a giggle out of me too.

FuzzyOctopus said...

liquid eyes are indeed creepy. maybe she should just gather them into pools.

wow carters, you might have me beat on unromantic proposals. i suppose that depends on whether or not you were actually going to the bathroom at the time, though.