Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Chapter 48: Confession (Part II)

Welcome, welcome, welcome! Well, I’m sure you were all crying buckets all week as you worried yourselves sick over the troubles rocking the S.S. Changel. Therefore, without further ado, I humbly present to you the inconclusive conclusion to Chapter 48.

Huzzah.

Chapter 48 – Confession (Part II)

“Chris?”

“I don’t know, Angel. God knows I want to believe you.” He spun and faced her, face wet with tears. “It hurts, Angel! It hurts that I should even have to think about you and anyone else.”

“I know.”

He walked close to her and locked eyes with her. “Tell me the truth.”

“I swear to you that nothing happened that night. And I swear that I love you, Chris. With all my heart.”

He continued to stare into her red eyes for a long while until he finally said, “I believe you, Angel.”

She closed her eyes and exhaled shakily. “Thank God.”

“But Angel, I don’t think we should see each other for a while. This is too much.”

“What?”

“I don’t know what else to do. We’re no good right now. I think we both need to take a step back and realize what is going on. ‘Cause I sure as hell don’t know now.”

“I’m so sorry.”

“I am too. But what’s done is done. The only thing we can do now is hope our future will be brighter.”

“Three weeks. If we can survive that, we can survive anything.” [of course. Three weeks is the ideal amount of time to prove that you can spend a lifetime together]

“That sounds like a good amount of time to me.”

“Chris?”

“Yeah?”

“I love you.”

“Oh, Angel. I love you too. And we can get through this. I know we can.”

“Yeah.”

“I should go now.”

“Ok.” She said softly.

Chris walked towards the door with Angel following close behind. She had no clue as to what to say next.

“Drive safely,” she murmured.

“Sure.” He looked at her for a long time before he closed the door behind him.

Angel expected herself to break down into tears the moment he left, but she didn’t [wtf? Is she feeling a bit off today?] She wanted to talk to someone. She wanted to talk to Bobby. She wanted to talk to … Mr. P, Scott, Rick, Dustin, anyone. [Sure, Dustin would be a capital idea.] The last thing she wanted was to be alone. Her eyes fell on Dustin’s sock. The tears welled in her eyes, but instead of reaching for the box of tissues [why would she have to reach for them? Aren’t they always on her person?], she reached for the telephone. Who should she call? She picked up the receiver and listened to the dial tone. Suddenly, Felicia’s face popped into her head. [She remembered the conversation they had had earlier.

“What the heck,” Angel thought. She dialed Felicia’s number and waited for her to pick up.

“Hello?”

“Felicia?”

“Yes.”

“This is Angelica Kerris.”

“Oh. Hi. What’s up?”

So Angel told her about the entire talk she had just had with Chris, from the moment he stepped into her house to the moment he walked out the door. When she was finished, she breathed a heavy sigh and waited for Felicia to say something. When she finally opened her mouth, Angel was shocked.

“It’s definitely for the better, Angel. You really need to date more people.”

“What?!? I don’t want to date anyone else. I want Chris! I love Chris!”

“Hmm ... what do you think about him dating other women?”

“Why?”

“Oh don’t worry! I’m not interested! I’m engaged! I’m just wondering.”

“Oh. Sorry. Uh … I don’t know, Felicia. It makes me sick to my stomach to even think he’s thinking about anyone else.”

“Were you this jealous when you two were going out?” [Ha! This is like the opposite of AngelSense© Brand advice.]

“I’m not jealous, just worried. And I have reason to be! You were right! He did kiss another woman.”

“Really? Oh, honey, this wasn’t meant to be.”

“You’re sure?”

“Well … give it a few weeks.”

“Okay.”

“Angel, I have to go, sorry.”

“Okay, thanks Felicia.”

“No problem.”

As soon as Angel hung up the phone, Felicia giggled to herself and dialed another number.

“Hello?”

“It’s Felicia.”

“Oh? News?”

“Plenty.” Felicia quickly retold the entire story.

“Perfect!” shouted Violet. “Phase three is in effect as of now. Before you know it, we’ll both have our revenge on Angelica. This was too easy.”

“It’s not over yet.”

“No. But the rest is a snap. We’ll just put the right people in the right places at the right times and let nature run its course. It’s like a giant chess game, really. Angel is the opponent’s king, Chris her loyal Queen, our little redhead the pawn. [what is Felicia? The rook?] And when the pawn takes the Queen the King is wide open for a checkmate. Well done, Felicia.”




NOTES:

1) Phase three is in effect? And a grotesquely overwrought chess metaphor? Egad. This villain talk is getting to be a bit much, even for me.

2) So Felicia also wants revenge on Angel. Because … uhm … of … that thing. That happened. Way back when. You know. That thing.


COMING UP NEXT …

Violet’s Evil Scheme hits the big time. Will Chris take the bait? Will Justina have to fill out any more surveys? Will we get any actual clue as to why Felicia exists? BONUS: outfit description! Join us next time for ...

Chapter 49: Check

2 comments:

Ninth Street Watch said...

Ah, there are so many things here worth mentioning:

1. "Angel! It hurts that I should even have to think about you and anyone else.” I suppose you meant to say it hurt Chris to think of Angel with someone else. Instead, it appears that it hurts Chris when he attempts to think of anyone at all, including Angel. Must be some sort of weird brain condition... or lupus.

2. "The last thing she wanted was to be alone. Her eyes fell on Dustin’s sock." Dun du dun dah! Insert NSFW language/imagery here.

3. It seems like "the Evil Plan" hatched by the "Villains" is basically a precursor to "Mean Girls." Which makes sense. Now, you just need to threaten the Studio with the lawsuit (good think you have Slice to represent you for free).

Entertaining reading as always. Much better than reviewing decisions of Army Board for Correction of Military Records.

FuzzyOctopus said...

Oleg,

1) Ha! I never noticed the hilarity of that wording until you pointed it out. He should really get that checked out.

2) Yes, the potential NSFW-ness of "sock" is primarily what makes me giggle at all the sock references. As if the Asstin sex subtext wasn't already apparant enough.

3) I'm not sure that Lindsey Lohan would make a very good Angel. Her voice is too husky and I'm not sure she could play a sanctimonious goody-goody with intimacy issues. But I will pitch this idea to Slice. I suspect he will suggest that I murder someone first so that the case would more closely resemble his usual work.