Thursday, November 20, 2008

Chapter 13: Marie

While things are looking potentially sunny for Angel on the romance front, I'm sure we all recall the tension in Scott Steiner's love life. He and his girlfriend Marie got into a huge fight and if it weren't for Angel's sage wisdom, he'd probably have dissolved into a puddle of tears. So what does fate have in store for Scott and Marie? Read on, fearless audience. Read on.

Chapter 13: Marie

The phone in Rick and Scott Steiner's home rang twice before Scott could pick it up. He expected it to be Crystal, his sister [?], but it wasn't.

"Scotty?"

"Marie?"

They both began to speak at the same time.

"Scott, I'm ..."

"Marie, Let's ..."

"You first."

"No, you."

"Ok. Scotty, please forgive me. I can't live without you. I acted like a jerk, exploding at you like that. It was just that ... "

"I know Marie. If I were you, I'd be fed up with me too. I'll try to stop doing it, I promise. [uhm, that's the opposite of the problem, Scott.] Life without you has been sheer hell."

"Come over tonight."

"Sure. I'm free at nine."

"I'll be ready."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Scotty hung up feeling like his heart would burst. He had never been so happy. Marie was his again.

"What was that all about?" asked Rick, entering the living room.

"It was Marie. I've got a date for tonight."

"Wow. What a co-inky-dink, me too."

"With who? Carla?"

"No. We broke it off. Janie's my date [that's an oblique reference to Dion's song "The Wanderer." Soooo lame]. Black hair, grey eyes."

"Gees! You go through girls faster than water."

"Hey, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again."

"I guess."

"I know." said Rick, opening the door. Both Steiners left for their matches.

As Scott drove to the Lansing Coluseum, he wondered how he would be able to break the news to Rick. He didn't know if he'd be able to stop himself and Marie from going too far.


NOTES:

1) Break the news to Rick? How about telling him to mind his own freaking business. It's your life, dude. And at least you're in a committed (?), loving (?) relationship. He's apparantly a serial dater whose main goal is to prevent his adult brother from having sex? WTF?

2) Yes, this chapter was lame. But it advances an important plot point: Marie and Scott are back together again. What's that? You didn't care one lick about Smarie? I can't imagine why.

Well ... speaking of dynamic relationships ... what's going on with Chris and Angel? I think the next chapter, "Chris and Angel" will touch on that subject. So tune in next time for ... Chapter 14: Chris and Angel. BONUS: The triumphant return of the beloved allergy trope.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Why don't the Steiners carpool? Not very eco-friendly, are they? ;)