Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Chapter 11: Rick and Scott's Party

USA had a Monday Night Raw 800th episode special on last night. Good stuff! Got to see clips of all my old faves from back in 1993, not to mention a chance to check out Cody Rhodes. Dustin's little bro has some killer abs, y'all.

Moving right along!

Here comes an amazing display of needless moralizing to what was an audience of uno (me), not to mention another glimpse into the world's lamest party scene ... someone get some milk for Angel's cookies, it's ...

Chapter 14: Rick and Scott's Party

Angel arrived at the party a little after 5:00 PM. She was wearing a wine colored silk blouse and a black miniskirt [WHAT?!? That trollop!]. She pulled her shining hair into a long braid.

Sting greeted her and his eyes lit up when he saw the cookies she'd brought. [ahem]

When she stepped inside, she immediately noticed that it was smaller than the last bash. She knew everyone there, Ricky Steamboat, Dustin Rhodes, Missy Hyatt, and Ron Simmons. "Where are the Steiners?" she asked Sting after greeting everyone.

"In the kitchen. Scotty wanted to use the phone for a sec."

They came out and when they saw her both of their faces shiowed happy recongition.

"Angie! It's been too long!"

"Hi, Ang."

She hugged them both and congratulated them. "Thanks Angie. Speaking of congratulations, did you hear about Dustin?"

Angel nodded. "Isn't it wonderful? I'm so happy for him."

Sting and Missy were chatting while the others were listening to Dustin talk about his fiance [zzzzz]. Rick went over to join them, but Scott said that he wanted to hang back. Angel decided to keep him company.

"Hey, I heard about you and Marcus."

"Who hasn't?" she half-smiled.

"I didn't think he was that sort of person. How are you doing?" he asked as they sat on a couch.

"I'm much better, thanks. I guess I've gotten over it. I'll never forgive him, though. He hurt me pretty bad."

Scott looked down at the floor. Angel touched his huge shoulder lightly.

"Scott, are you allright?" He sat up and nodded. A rap song came on. Angel wrinkled her nose. Scott saw this and smiled. "Don't like rap?"

She shook her head. "I love doo-wop. 'Tonite, Tonite' by the Mello-Kings is my favorite. Or mabye the 5 Satins with 'In the Still of the Night'." [rock on, young me, rock on.]

Scott hung his head again, and then put his face in his hands [here we go!].

"What did I say? What's wrong, Scotty?" she asked gently.

He sat up again, this time drawing in a long breath. He took his face from his hands and apologized. "I'm just having some problems with my girlfriend and 'In the Still of the Nite" by Boyz II Men is our song. Or maybe it's 'was' our song." He drew in another breath.

"If you want to talk to someone about it, I'm here."

"Thanks, Ang. It's easy to talk to a brother like Rick because he's my best friend, but this subject is very hard to discuss with him. I think I do need to talk to you. It's hard to talk to Sting or Dustin because we're so far apart most of the time." [as opposed to Angel, who lives in his garage?]

"Go ahead when you're ready."

"Well this whole fight is about one thing. This may sound silly, but I don't want to have sex until I'm married."

"That's not silly. I feel the same way."

"Really? We're a dying breed, Ang." [maybe because you're not reproducing?]

"I know. I'll respect whatever other people feel, but I suppose I'm kind of old fashioned. It's kind of a morality issue, I guess."

"I sure wish Marie felt that way, you see, every time we start getting a little too far too fast, I'd stop and ask her to slow down. I guess I did that one too many times last night, because she told me I had stepped over the line. Then she screamed at me to get out and leave her forever. I must have sat and cried for six hours last night. I love her so much. Life without her has become unbearable, oh god, here I go again." he said as a tear rolled down hes cheeck. [about time] Angel picked up his hand and squoze it.

"Why can't you talk to your brother about this?"

"Well, he made a mistake a long time ago, and doesn't want his little brother to make the same mistake [huh?]. Every time Marie and I start up, I get one step closer to losing my virginity. If Rick knew that, he'd lose all respect towards me." [!!!]

"Your borther's respect means a lot to you, doesn't it?"

He nodded.

"Scotty, did Marie love you."

"That's what she told me, why?"

"Well, I'll bet she's feeling as sad as you are right now. She was probably upset last night, but deply regretting what she said to you now."

"You really think so?"

"Yes. Love is the strongest force on earth, and you and Marie have plenty of it. You'll pull together."

"Ang, you're an inspiration and a good friend. Thank you." he gave her a hug.

Scotty went over to talk to Dustin. She was about to go join him when Missy Hyatt stopped her. "Hi Missy."

"Hi Angel. Look, I want to apoligize to you. I've been acting pretty rotton to you lately."

"Thanks, Missy. That's allright."

"Can you beileve what that Creep Marcus Bagwell did to us? Got your eyes on anyone else?"

"Not yet."

"Well stay away from Johnny Gunn. He's mine."

"No problem."

"See ya later!" she bubbled.

Wait till Madusa hears this! [hears what?] thought Angel as she walked over to Dustin, Rick, and Scott. They talked for a while, then Dustin had to elave. He said good-bye to everyone and congratulated his friends tha Steiners, who congratulated him back. Soon after that, the party ended. Angel and the Steiners traded phone numbers so they could stay in touch. Sting thanked her for the cookies and she thanked him for inviting her [compelling drama here].

As angel drove home, she felt better than she had felt in a long time. She hoped this happy streak would last.

NOTES

1) Let me just tell you how convinced I was that Boyz II Men's rendition of "In the Still of the Night" was going to get my generation into oldies: super convinced. Oh well. And maybe I'm a curmudgeon, but I still think the 5 Satins' version is better.

2) So apparantly, Scott is of the same mindset as our pristine Angel when it comes to amorous relations. I really don't know who is the most ridiculous when it comes to sex: Angel, Scott, or Rick. Ok, yes I do: it's Rick. Angel's at least got her weird notion of "morality," which makes zero sense to me, because it doesn't seem like her "morality" derives from any sort of religious ideal or, say, the fact that she has some sort of super-communicable STI that can be spread even with condoms. I mean, if you don't want to have sex before you get married, whatever, that's cool, but saying it's because of "morality" really doesn't explain anything, unless, of course, you're 13 and don't know how to understand or express your burgeoning ideas about sexuality, so you make your fan fiction characters equally clueless. Aaaanyhoo, Rick is out of control obsessed with Scott's sex life. Maybe if Scott were, like, a teenager? But they're two grown men! Yikes! WTF is your problem, Rick? You're seriously creepy. Scott, man, make your own decisions!

3) Marie sounds pretty intense. Hmm ... Marie ... where have we heard that name before?????

4) Angel gives the dumbest advice ever. I'm pretty sure you could get more insight from a dollar store greeting card.

5) Why isn't Alex invited to any parties? Or any other girls, for that matter?

Wow. Ok.

So Angel seems like she's in a pretty good place right now. She's getting cried on left and right, she's buried the hatchet with Missy Hyatt. But you know what she's missing? That's right .... lurv! Will she find it when she meets ... Chapter 12 - Bobby's New Partner? Tune in next time to find out!

3 comments:

Amy said...

OK... The best art of this is how she gets a new nickname every time Charlotte? Angel? Angelica? Ang? Angie? Wasn't she Anjel once? excellent.
And she's a total prude which is ok, but she's that super freaky prude who gets all self righteous and shares her views in inappropriate situations. good times.
Also "I think I o need to talk to you..."
"Whenever you're ready (but really, right now, in the next 10 seconds...)"

FuzzyOctopus said...

I have no idea why Angel needed three thousand names. Perhaps because it reflected her multifaceted personality - she's not only pretty - she's nice!

Anonymous said...

I love your []s. :)