Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Chapter 14: Chris and Angel

There's turkey/tofurkey in the oven, Scott and Marie are back together .... Ah, love is in the air. Let's see if I developed any better an idea of what happens on a first date in ...

Chapter 14: Chris and Angel

Chris had never been so nervous in his life. Asking Angel out was hard, but knocking on her door was next to impossible.

Earlier that day, when he had asked her for a date, he knew that if she had said no, his heart would break and he would probably slip into a coma, or maybe move to Zimbabwe. Thank goodness she said yes.

Angel answered her doorbell. She had been very surprised when Chris asked her out. He was cute. He had light brown eyes and soft brown hair. He had high cheekbones and a kind of pointy nose. It was worth a shot. She had to get over Marcus [seriously? you're still hung up on that guy? IT WAS ONE DATE]

"Hi Angel. You look beautiful."

"Thank you, Chris."

He handed her a single white rose.

"Oh! It's beautiful. Thank you." She kissed him on the cheek [trollop!]

"Do you like Italian?"

"Sure!"

"I'm from Alberta, Canada, but my cousin lives around here. He told me about a restaurant. Lucia's. Ever heard of it?"

"No. I just moved here about 6 months ago from Rhode Island. About the only place I know is the pizza parlor down the street."

They got into Chris' car and he began to drive. After about 15 minutes of driving around, Chris started to get nervous. Here he was in a strange town, on a strange street, using directions he recieved from a rather strange cousin. Here he was making a fool of himself in front of the most beautiful girl in the whole world.

"Chris? Is everything OK?"

"Yes. No. Angel, this is embarassing. I'm hopelessly lost. Do you have any idea where we are?"

"I think so. I can get you back to my house and we can order pizza or something."

"Sounds fine." As Chris followed Angel's directions home, he resisted the urge to hit his head against the dashboard.

They arrived at Angel's house around ten-thirty. Angel tried the pizza parlor, but it was closed. Chris was now convinced that Angel thought he was a jerk. Angel got them both cokes and sandwiches.

Chris wanted to help but Angel told him to relax. After letting Wally, Floyd, and Fluffy in, she brought in the food.

Chris wasn't very hungry. Not only did he feel like an idiot, his nose was clogging and his eyes were watering. He sneezed.

"Bless you," said Angel, handing him a tissue [just like old times], which he accepted gratefully. He sneezed a few more times and wiped his burning eyes with a fresh tissue.

"Chris! Are you allright? Oh no! Are you allergic to cats or dogs?"

"Cats" he choked otu between sneezes. She gave him another tissue [why not just give him the box?] and picked up Flufflebunny from her favorite chair.

"Sorry, Fluff-o." She picked up the cat and put her upstairs in a a room, then washed her hands and rushed downstairs.

"Chris, are you allright?"

He nodded.

"You must be pretty allergic to cats."

"Yeah, I can detect one from across the room."

"I noticed."

"Just thinking about one makes my nose itch."

"Then we'll change the subject." Angel laughed.

They stayed up and talked until about 3:30 in the morning. The topics ranged from Chris' cousin to "The Patty Duke Show" [WTF?], from wrestling in Japan to treating a concussion, from Marty Jennetty [on the first date? wow], to Bobby Eaton, from the Mello-Kings to the 4 Seasons. They shared one long, passionate goodnight kiss before Chris left. Angel decided that it was too early to be in love, but it was a hard decision [someone alert the media].


NOTES

1) It's been quite a while since I included a debilitating allergy in a story. Good times. I must've missed the part where Angel removed all of the cat dander from her furniture, thereby instantly alleviating all of Chris' allergy symptoms.

2) Aw, I kind of like Chris. He's way too good for Angel.

3) That's amazing restraint on Angel's part. She's already spent more time with Chris than Marcus and had more interaction with him than Marty. And she's not sure she's in love? Dang.

4) This actually reminds me of my first date with my husband. Except there was no single white rose and instead of having an allergy attack, he had gas. Oh, shades of things to come ...

Anyhoo ...

Coming up next we've got a ridiculous story about Angel inserting herself into Rick and Scott's lives. Rick is just ... absurd. And Angel needs a punch in the solar plexus. I don't know what I was on when I wrote this. See you next time with ... Chapter 15: Letting Go

3 comments:

Amy said...

O.M.G. 3:30am! For serious! Angel you slutttt! Inviting him back to your place at 10:30pm for "pizza." At least she made sure the bedroom would be off limits by sticking the cat in there. Good thinking- it's like intentionally not shaving your legs, only for folks with debilitating allergies. I really missed the lengthy description of what Angel was wearing. Also- I <3 that everyone must love doowop as much as you did :)

Amy said...

FYI we're watching wrestling right now and Shawn Michaels was on arguing with JBL and Husband commented that they should bring Marty Jennetty back to come to HBK's rescue.

FuzzyOctopus said...

Oh man. I watched a doowop concert on PBS last night (at least, I watched as much of one as my husband could stand). It was awesome. I am still a nerd.

I wonder what Marty's doing right now ... whatever it is, I think HBK is probably better off without him ...