Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Chapter 18: Monday's Card

Welcome back, fearless and iron-stomached readers. I've got some free time on my hands, therefore you've got ...

Chapter 18 – Monday’s Card

“Hey, Ang,” greeted Madusa, walking through Angelica’s door in a stunning blue sequined evening gown.

“Hey, Duce. What’s up? You look fabulous.”

“Thanks!” Madusa turned in a circle to show off her dress. “I bought it especially for tonight. Rick’s got a big match tonight.”

“Oh. What’s Paul E. up to now that Bobby’s gone?” (Bobby Eaton was a priemier member of the Dangerous Alliance).

“To be honest, the Alliance is falling apart. First Arn, now Bobby. He was good friend of yours, wasn’t he?”

“Yeah. I miss him.”

“I never really knew him that well. He never really liked me, so I never really liked him. He saw me as a glorified valet [as opposed to what you actually were, which was … uhm … a glorified valet]. I didn’t like that either, but most people I knew said that he was really nice.”

“He was.”

Madusa looked up at the clock, then exclaimed: “Oh! Ang, I’ve got to go! Talk to you later.” She gave her friend a hug, then ran out.

The card came to its final 2 matches. Marcus Alexander Bagwell and 2 Cold Scorpio would take on Chris Benoit and Stunning Steve Austin. 10 minutes before the match, Chris popped into Angel’s office.

“Hey, Sunshine.” Chris greeted, using the nickname he had recently given her [oh, barf].

“Hey Chris.” They kissed and clasped each other’s hands.

“What’s up?” he asked.

“Nuttin’ honey.” She said with a smile [remember those commercials?] “Kicking butt tonight?”

“You bet. Me and Steve against Scorpio and Marcus.”

With the mention of Marcus, Angel frowned.

“Don’t worry, Ma’am.” Said Chris in a Southern Drawl. “After I take to ‘im, I’ll reckon he won’t be botherin’ you no more.” [I take back what I said about liking Chris a little]. He tipped an imaginary hat to her.

She laughed and kissed him goodbye, telling him to be careful.

--

The match was long and grueling. Any time Chris was hit, Angel cringed. He and Steve won the match, both unscathed. But Marcus’ story was different.

Chris loved Angel more than anyone else in the universe, so anyone who hurt her was better off dead. Angel noted that even the announcers, Tony Schiavone and Jesse Ventura, thought Chris was overly aggressive towards Marcus.

“Marc, Man, that ankle looks sprained. You’d better see the nurse,” said Scorpio, helping Marc to his feet.

“No way,” said Marcus through clenched teeth. With the help of 2 Cold, he stood. His ankle throbbed and he nearly fell again.

“What?”

“I said, No Way! Angel’s on duty.”

“Marcus, just ‘cuz of what happened …”

“No way. I’m fine.” He hobbled back to his dressing room.

“Fine man, your body. What’s up with that guy Chris? Man, he’s got somethin’ against you.”

Marcus grimaced in pain. “Angel’s new boyfriend.” He spat out the words in disgust.

“Can’t you let go of her, man? It was your fault you guys broke up anyway.” [seriously]

“I know that. But I begged her forgiveness. I told her that I loved her. And what did she do? She threw me out!”

Scorpio sighed and shook his head. Sometimes his best friend disgusted him. [take a number]
--

Angel watched in horror and disbelief as yet another one of her best friends departed the federation. Paul E. Dangerously fired Madusa. First, he insulted her, and the entire female race, then he fired her, then she planted a savate kick to the back of his skull.

NOTES:

1) Re: Madusa and Paul E. - Yes, this was an actual storyline, down to the savate kick. I ate it up. I even wrote her some fan mail telling her that she was my hero. I never heard back from her … perhaps that is why I decided she needed to exit, stage fired. Ta-ta, Angel’s one and only female friend. I’m sorry you never got your share of tears and hugs. Also, Paul E. Dangerously lived in Edgemont, NY, which wasn’t far from where I grew up. I looked him up in the phone book and occasionally left messages on his answering machine. Not a lot of messages … I didn’t want to be a nuisance. Just one a month or so. I don’t really remember what I said in them … I’m sure they were immensely witty, though.

2) Marcus. Dude. Get over it. You are better off without her.

Ok, so you’re probably wondering where all of this Marcus crap is headed. It’ll take 2 chapters for us to get there, but get there we will. Imagine the stupidest, least dramatic revenge you can think of. Now make it stupider and less dramatic. Now you’ve got an inkling. But first ….

I need a way to get Chris out of the picture temporarily. How does this happen? Find out in … chapter 19 – The Letter.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I Love that Ang calls Medusa 'Duce.' I Love that you refer to MAB by his full name all of the time. I Love that 'female' is a 'race.' You seriously called Paul E.? Amazing. Do I smell allergic reactions in our furture?

FuzzyOctopus said...

I did indeed call Paul. E., whose real last name is "Heyman." If memory serves me correctly, his answering machine message says something like "Leave your name and I'll call you back ASAPP - As Soon as Paul Pleases." Obvious proof that it was him.

The Carter's said...

Man, I had weirdest thing for Paul E. I don't know, I always thought he was the funniest, sweatiest, most-likely-to-have-a-heart-attack-on-national-television-iest guy. I wanted to move to NY and learn everything there was to know about wrestling from Paul E. Dangerously (this was all when I still thought wrestling was real). And still afterward when I found out there were people whose sole job it was to write wrestling storylines. It was my dream to do that until about 5 years ago.

...and I believe I've given proof of how much of a loser I am.

FuzzyOctopus said...

Carters: 1) No matter how much of a loser you suggest that you are, I am the author of this blog.

2) Re: the dream to write wrestling storylines: ME TOO. I'd still do it if I had the opportunity. Dreams require ambition and guts. Former: check. Latter: nada.