Thursday, December 4, 2008

Chapter 15: Letting Go

Sorry for the long break there ... coming down off of turkey and fretting about my lack of job offers and whatnot. Anyone know anyone looking to hire people who will transcribe horrible fan fiction from the early '90's? No?

Anyhoo ... we've got another crapfest on tap here. This chapter is chock-full of bizarre sanctimoniousness, insipid advice and non-confrontational confrontations. Sound enticing?

Chapter 15: Letting Go

"Hey Bob," said Chris as he entered the St. Paul Palace dressing room.

"Hey. How was your date."

"Well, it started out horrible. First I got us lost, and we had to go back to her place and order pizza, but the Pizza Parlor was closed, so she had to make sandwiches. Then, as if things weren't bad enough, I had a major allergy attack."

"From what?"

"Her cat."

"That's rough."

"You said it. Things brightened up after that, though. We stayed up and talked for about five hours [do all of my characters carry stopwatches around with them?]. Then we kissed an incredible kiss and I went home."

"That's good."

"I hope she thought so too."

-------- [woah. that was thrilling]

Angel was enjoying her day off. Being the head nurse was grueling, but rewarding.

She couldn't get Chris off of her mind. Their conversation had been terrific, but that kiss, that kiss had put him over the top.

The phone rang. She answered it. The voice on the other end was frantic and depressed [can it be both?], but unmistakible.

"Scotty? What's the matter?"

"Ang, Marie and I are back together."

"That's great! So what's wrong?"

"Last night, we went all the way." [wow. wow.]

"Really? How is Rick taking it?" [seriuosly? 1) why are you assuming he knows and 2) why are you assuming that it's any of his effing business and 3) is that seriously your first reaction? woah.]

"Oh Ang. He won't talk to me. He has no respect for me anymore. I know this might be putting you out of your way, but please, will you come talk to him?" [WTF?]

"Of course. Where are you?"

"Minneapolis. The Degado hotel. Room 614."

"I'll be there."

"Thank you. I'll never forget this, Ang."

----

Angel knocked on room 614's door. Rick Steiner opened it.

"Angie!?! What are you doing here?"

"Rick, can we talk?"

"Sure. Sit down."

They sat. "Rick, Scotty told me ..."

"Sorry, Angie, I dont' want to talk about Scott. So if Scott sent you here to do that, please leave."

"Rick, your brother loves you more than anyone in the universe."

"Sure." he said sarcastically.

"Do you know how upset he is?"

"Does he know how upset I am?"

"Yes. Rick, your respect means the world to Scott."

"Well he sure isn't earning it."

"Scott is a grown man. He can decide what he wants to do with his life." [AMEN]

"Then why didn't he come to me himself to talk?"

"Would you have listened to him?"

Rick was silent. Angel clasped his hand.

"Rick, you've got to let go of Scott. He knows what he's doing. He loves you."

Rick looked down. "It's hard to let go, Angie."

"I know."

"Where is Scotty? I want to talk to him."

"In his room." [screw carpooling, Amy - they're not even sharing hotel rooms!]

"Thank you, Angie."

Rick got up and left the room. Angel followed, but did not go into Scott's room. She told Rick to say goodbye to Scott for her, and left.

Scott was praying that Angelica got through to his brother. His prayers were answered. Rick came in and apologized and they had a long brotherly hug. His problems were over -- for now.


NOTES:

1) Wow. Y'all ... I'm sorry. That was intensely bad.

2) I can't think of a single character who doesn't need a good punch in the solar plexus. Preferably with a fist full of quarters. Isn't that what Scotty Flamingo (later Johnny Polo, later Raven) used as a weapon? I wish my last name were Flamingo.

COMING UP NEXT ...

Some super syrupy love garbage. Yes, there is mention of a moonlit beach. And oldies. And something egregious. Return if you dare for ...

Chapter 16: Deeper In Love

3 comments:

Amy said...

OMG. How have I been so neglectiful?
I cannot BELIEVE they went ALL THE WAY! Wow. time to go read some more....

FuzzyOctopus said...

I know ... that man-whore! Maybe if you had been reading, you could have kept Scott from disappointing his big brother ... in a way, it's totally all your fault ;)

Amy said...

yes, clearly I have that power over 17 year old storyarcs