Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Chapter 39: Dustin and Angel

Sorry again for the delay in getting this chapter out. Now where were we? Ah yes. Just as Angel was about to admit her dirty little secret about lip-smacking with Dustin, Chris announced that he had to jet off to a plot contrivance … er … set of shows in Japan with Bret Hart. Angel reacted to this news by wondering who would be her date to Dustin’s wedding. So no confrontation between Chris and Angel, but how’s about we see what happens when Asstin meet again?

Chapter 39 – Dustin and Angel

It had been three days since Chris had left for Japan. Angel was glad that she had decided not to tell him about Dustin, lest she ruin his trip.

She hadn’t spoken to Dustin since their kiss, and she felt things still needed straightening out. So the next day, she knocked on the “face” dressing room.

“It’s open,” called Sting. [duh? Is the dressing room door ever locked? And has anyone ever knocked on it before?]

Angel entered the room. There were only a couple of guys in the room. Sting, Dustin, Ricky Steamboat, and … Arn Anderson. [WOOO!!]

Sting smiled and greeted Angel, as did Ricky. Before Angel could say hello back, Arn shouted “Well now, whose life have you come to ruin today, you cheap blonde bimbo?”

“Hey, Arn, you’re way out of line,” Dustin said sharply. [let the man speak, Dustin.]

“I’d get better friends if I were you. She’s nothing but a homewrecker,” and with that, he left.

“Where did all of that come from?” asked Ricky.

“He doesn’t like me.” [he can take a number]

“Evidently,” smiled Sting, then he excused himself, followed by Ricky.

“They cleared out fast,” Angel remarked to Dustin.

“They know,” his voice was quiet. “Have a seat.”

She sat next to him. “I told Bobby.”

“Sting thinks that we have something more than friendship.”

“So does Bobby.”

There was a long time of silence, until Angel broke it with a question. “What do you think?”

“I don’t want to agree.”

“But you do?”

“I do.”

“So do I.”

There was another period of silence.

“Dustin, we can push them to the farthest corner of our mind if we try.” [that sounds like a flawless plan, no?]

“I’m going to try it.”

“Me too.”

Another time of quiet.

“We’ll still be friends, won’t we?”

“Of course,” he said.

“It’ll be awkward.”

“We can get over it. We’ve been through too much to throw it away with one little kiss. Angel, I never would have gotten through this year without you.”

There was a rap on the door and Sting’s voice called out “3 minutes, Dustin!”

Angel stood up. “I’m glad everything is allright between us.” [yes. Of course that conversation has fixed everything.]

“Me too. This is my last day wrestling ‘till after my honeymoon.”

“That’s right.” She hugged him. “I’ll seeya at the wedding.” [don’t you think you guys should can it with the hugging?]


NOTES:

1) This had a lot of stupid stuff in it, but this line is the most ridiculous: "We’ve been through too much to throw it away with one little kiss.” – He is talking about him and Angel, not him and his fiancĂ©. WTF?

2) You like how I conveyed awkward silence by writing stuff like “another time of quiet”? Slick!

3) I so wish I had let Arn stay around longer in this chapter. Don’t worry, friends. He’ll be back.


COMING UP NEXT …

We return to the unfurling of Violet’s Evil Plan and meet a brand new, mostly irrelevant character in …


Chapter 40: A New Nurse

2 comments:

Amy said...

please let Violet be dating Mysterious Brother...
Once upon a time, I tried to prentend that I didn't have feelings for this blonde guy who lived in my house in college. ;)

FuzzyOctopus said...

no comment on Violet and Mysterious Brother. wait 'n see.

So how did that go for you? Oh wait, extremely well. Hooray!