Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Chapter 45 - No Secrets (Part I)

Welcome back to UnabashedlyBad.com, your only internet source for crap of this caliber.

Last week: Angel tried to be a wallflower so she could mope about how she hasn't talked to her big brother in years for no reason wahtsoever. Despite her most valiant efforts, her intense personal charm thrust her into the middle of the festivities.

Today: Arn starts rockin' the Changel boat. Ruh-roh!!!


Chapter 45 – No Secrets (Part I)

Chris sat in his Saint Paul Holiday Inn room, letting tears that he had been holding back for days fall from his eyes [huzzah!].

It had been Arn Anderson who had given him this awful news. Now of course Chris knew Arn shouldn’t be trusted, but still …

Chris was trying on his latest ring jacket in front of the full length mirror in his Tokyo Egg Dome dressing room. There was a knock at the door. [After all that progress I’ve made in un-misimagining dressing rooms … sigh]

“It’s open!”

Arn Anderson walked in reading papers on a clipboard. [what is he, a camp counselor?]

“Well, well, well. We’re dressing-roommates.”

“Whoopee,” Chris said sourly.

“Benoit, you’ll change your mind once you hear what I’ve got to say.”

“You expect me to listen to you after nearly destroying my best friend’s marriage?” Chris whirled and looked at him, then shook his head and rummaged around in a duffel bag.

“This doesn’t concern Eaton.”

“Do you ever refer to anyone by their first name, Arnie?”

Arn ignored his question. “It concerns you an Angelica.”

Chris’s head jerked up. He moved over to Arn.

“What’ve you done to Angel?”

“Relax. It’s not what I’ve done to her, it’s what she’s doing to you … and other guys.”

“I don’t’ know what you’re talking about – and I don’t care. “

“Oh, but you should.”

“Arnie, I’m a busy guy.”

“And she’s a busy woman.”

“If I listen to you, will you leave me alone?”

Satisfied, Arn plopped down in a folding chair. “How can I put this gently …”

“Say your piece and leave,” Chris said firmly, sitting opposite Arn on a folding chair.

“Well, it seems your sweet little Angle isn’t as perfect as you had once thought. Seems that she wasn’t so faithful.”

“What are you saying?” [is it that confusing, Chris?]

“Just before you left for Japan, she became very intimately involved with Dustin Rhodes.”

“Arn, even if I believed you, which I don’t – you have no proof.”

“Oh I don’t? Then explain this.”

The tape Arn had played for Chris was muffled and garbled at parts, but he could clearly understand the voices of Bobby Eaton and Angel.

“… Between you and me …”

“Sure.”

“Yesterday … Dustin Rhodes … we were kissing each other.”

“ … Tell Chris?”

“… No …”

The rest of the tape was fuzzy.

Arn patted Chris on the head and left – with the tape – chuckling to himself.

Chris’ mouth hung open. His Angel? He had never felt so empty. But things were bound to get worse. And they did very soon.

TO BE CONTINUED ...


NOTES:

1) Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP. Arn, you're such a card. Also, not that I'm not grateful, but why the heck did you put a tape recorder in Angel's office? I think it might rhyme with "flot fontrivance."

2) Why is Chris always either in various states of wrestling gear undress or rummaging around in a duffel bag? I'm going to start a new tag to keep track of this. I'll call it: duffel bagging/state of undress.


COMING UP NEXT ...

Chris begins to deal with the fallout whilst Violet's Evil Plan plods on. BONUS: super gross make-out scene. You won't want to miss ...

Chapter 45 - No Secrets (Part II)

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm proud of you for not writing *~*FLASHBACK 3 DAYS*~* ;)

FuzzyOctopus said...

Wowlions, you're right! It's too bad progress comes at the expense of swirly doodles. I liked those.