Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Chapter 45: No Secrets (Part II)

Quick Note: If you would like to receive an email reminder when this blog is updated and/or don't like RSS feeds, just drop me a line at unabashedlybad at gmail dot com and I'll be happy to keep you in the loop!

Moving right along ...

Welcome, friends and readers. Why not both? Why not "freaders?" I know why not. Because I already overuse the portmanteau to an alarming degree. I flove the portmanteau. It's frawesome. It's portmantastic.

Aaaaanyhoo. Where were we? Ah yes. When we last left our sorry bunch, Chris was sitting in his hotel room, crying (of course). Back in Japan, Arn Anderson had
played a tape of Angel confessing to Bobby that she had kissed Dustin in Topeka. This week: Violet's Evil Scheme continues! Whee!

Chapter 45: No Secrets (Part II)

After brooding for hours on the long plane trip back to the States, Chris checked into the company hotel in Georgia. [so now the company has a hotel? Like a WCW Super 8? Well … at least it’s not a dressing room.] Violet Royce, having met with Arn, knocked on Chris’ door.

“Chris … do you have the … what’s wrong?” she asked, after taking a look at Chris’ face.

“Nothing. Violet, what can I do for you?”

She moved closer to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“That’s not important anymore. What’s important is you. What’s wrong?”

“Look, Violet … you’re a sweet girl …” He stopped mid-sentence, transfixed by her clear green eyes, so close to his now.

“I can help you forget about whoever hurt you.”

“No …” He came out of his daze momentarily.

“Yes, Chris.” She pulled him towards her.

“I …” Chris began, but his words were cut off as Violet locked her lips to his. They moved over to the bed and fell back on it, still kissing passionately. [dang. That was quick]

“Chris, you need me.” Violet whispered into his ear as he kissed her neck. The she stuck her tongue directly into it. [wtf?]

My God, thought Chris, Angel never does that! [with good reason, no? Am I missing something?] Angel … What am I doing?

Chris jerked his head away from Violet. “Violet, I can’t do this.”

“Yes you can.”

“No.” He got up and grabbed Violet by the shoulders. “Sorry.” He opened the door and shoved Violet out of it.

And now Chris was sitting in a Holiday Inn in St. Paul [is it a WCW brand Holiday Inn?] sobbing and wishing he could turn back time. The phone rang. Chris wiped his eyes and answered it.

“Yeah.”

“Chris?”

“Angelica?”

“Hi. You OK? You sound kinda out of it.”

“No. I’m fine. I just … Angel, I need to talk to you. Badly.”

“About what?”

“No. Not on the phone.” [never a good sign]

“Chris?”

“Please, Angel. Tomorrow at your house, Ok?”

“Yeah, sure. I … uh … I’ll see you then. You sure you’re ok?”

“No. Yeah. I don’t know. But Angel, I’ve gotta go.”

“Allright. I love you.”

He sighed. “I love you too.” Chris hung up before Angel could say anything else. How could he explain to her everything that happened? How could he tell her that he had suspected of her cheating on him with an almost-married man because a man no one should trust had told him so? [well, technically, he had a sketchy audio tape] He didn’t know.


NOTES:

1) The tongue in the ear? Yeah, I don't know. My best explanation is that when I wrote this, I was a rather awkward 14-year-old girl with GIGANTIC glasses, an extremely unflattering haircut, and a strong aversion to pants with zippers and music made before 1968 who watched waaaaaay too much professional wrestling. Yeah, it was a while before I experienced anything resembling a romantic physical interaction. And judging from what I apparantly assumed transpired when one "made out" with a guy, this was probably best for everyone.

2) Oh Chris, you faithless cad. Angel is going to be crushed. She might have kissed Dustin, but you let Violet give you an ear job. [I really wanted to make a pun out of the phrase "aural sex," but I have too much dignity for that.]

3) So Violet/Marie/Nightshade/Sunny is in cahoots with Arn? When did that happen? What a world. Too bad V/M/N/S didn't get to seal the deal. Now I know what you're thinking: (aside from shuddering at the taste of earwax) An evil vixen like Violet can't possibly be satisfied. Don't worry folks, there's more Evil Scheme on the horizon.


COMING UP NEXT:

Violet's Evil Scheme gets even more convoluted. I don't want to give too much away... but it involves her posing as a Self magazine phone survey lady. BONUS: I mention ANOTHER outdated beverage from the early '90's.

BUT WHICH BEVERAGE?

Allright, folks. Let's try something new here. I'm officially holding UnabashedlyBad's first ever CONTEST. (It might also be the last, so enjoy it while you can.)

This one's a toughie. Can you guess which outdated beverage from the early '90's Violet will be drinking in the next chapter? Hint: it is NOT Crystal Pepsi.

If you've got a guess, post it in the comments section. The winner will receive a totally awesome wrestling-related VHS tape from my own personal collection.

And if there is no winner/no guesses, well then, I'll just have to think up a new contest one of these days.

That's it for now! See you next week!

3 comments:

Amy said...

sweet Lord!!! Violet is a total SLUT! And she gave Chris a taste of what he has (apparently) been missing.

My guess is shasta, and I pray to all that is good that I am right :)

FuzzyOctopus said...

Nope, not Shasta. Nor is it Slice, Surge, or Coke 2, which were guesses submitted to me via email.

Here's another hint: it's not a soda.

Keep on guessing! Feel free to submit as many guesses as you'd like. You know you want this VHS tape!

Amy said...

Tang?