Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Chapter 22: Forgive, but Don't Forget (part 1)

When we last left Angel, she was reeling from two horrific events: the Appaling Behavior of Marcus, who told a scandalous lie to all of the other wrestlers, and the Shocking News that Scott's girlfriend Marie was actually her old arch-nemesis, Nightshade. The horror, the horror! What's that? You missed it? Never fear. Angel recaps it all unnecessarily in a letter to Chris.

Chapter 22: Forgive, but Don't Forget

Dear Chris,

Only one more week until you come home -- I can't wait. [unless international mail was a lot faster in 1993, I'm pretty sure this letter will arrive after he gets home] How are you doing? You don't know how lonely this place is without you here. I miss you so much!

Anyway, how have things been in the Land of the Rising Sun? Things here have been pretty awful. First all of my friends deserted me. I had no idea why until I talked to Dustin who informed me that Marcus spread a rumor that I had broken up with him to get to you. "He makes me sick," was my first reaction. But then I thought about it for a while. What had I ever done to him to make him so mad? After all, it was he who had been cheating on me. Thinking back on the confrontation we had, I realized how hard I'd been on him. Now, I know what you're thinking. Angel, are you nuts? First you hate him, now you almost feel sorry for him???

Sorry, Chris, I can't help it. I'm as soft hearted as I am soft in the head (Ha!) [Like ha ha. Not].

There's something else that happened here. This is very upsetting to write about, so I'll be concise. You know Scott Steiner, right? I've been friends with him for a while and he's raved to me about his girlfriend Marie so I agreed to meet her. When I did, she turned out to be a woman from my past. It was horrible. I'll tell you when I get back, okay?

Anyway, don't want to bring you down anymore than I already have. Write me back - soon! I love you, Chris.

Your Forever,
Sunshine [oh gross]


Chris re-read the letter Angel had written him. Angel was too good sometimes. Marcus nearly destroys her life [um, how does he get that idea from this stupid letter?] and she's ready to make up with him?

Chris popped a Frankie Valli CD into his portable player. [aww yeah] Singing along to his new favorite song "Little Angel" [oh GLORY] he tried to figure out who this woman from Angel's past could be. He'd be home in 2 days, then he'd ask her about it.

---

NOTES:

1) What was the point of this letter? I was the only person who read this ... why did I think I needed to recap the last two chapters for myself? Also, I loathe Angel.

2) "Little Angel" is beyond a B-side. I was such a dork. So is whoever made this. See, I'm not alone. Pfft, and I thought I had to make up people as nerdy as me.


COMING UP NEXT:

Angel confronts Marcus about his Heinous Deed. Marcus acts like one of several complete psychos I have dated throughout my life. Foreshadowing? Tune in next time (I'm thinking Thursday) for ...

Forgive, but don't Forget (Part II)

2 comments:

The Carter's said...

"I'm as soft hearted as I am soft in the head"
I love this and plan to use it often.

FuzzyOctopus said...

Enjoy. I won't even ask for royalties.