Monday, March 16, 2009

Chapter 32: Solitary Scott

Greetings, all. Welcome to another installment of stuff that makes me cringe when I read it. In today's chapter, Scott reveals a little bit more of his stalker side and Rick is creepy about stuff. Enjoy!

Chapter 32 – Solitary Scott

“Why isn’t she home?” Scott murmured to himself, slamming the receiver into its cradle. Scott had been trying to reach Marie for the billionth time in two days. “If I could just talk to her, everything would be OK! I know it!”

“Talking to yourself again, little brother?” asked Rick, entering Scott’s room.

“Hey, Rick.”

“Still can’t get Marie?”

“No.”

“Maybe her phone is broken.”

“Naw. I drove to her house yesterday. Noone was there.” [have you considered implanting a tracking device under her skin?]

“I talked to Angie.”

“Yeah? How is she?”

“Good. She wants to talk to you.”

“She does?” [why does this surprise you? Rick talking to Angel = Angel interfering in your life.]

“Yeah. Saturday. She’ll come here.”

“Fine.” Normally, Scott would have been a little angry with Rick for making plans without asking him first [wtf?], but he was so preoccupied with Marie, he barely noticed.

“See you later, Scotty,” Rick said, closing Scotty’s door behind him as he left his room. [he lets Scott have his own room? With a door that shuts? Woah!]

Scott sighed and tried Marie once more. No answer.

Outside, thunder rolled and a storm began. Wind gusted, fluttering papers around in the room. Scott went over to the window to shut it and then picked the papers up from the floor. A small card caught his eye.

You are cordially invited
To the marriage of
Dustin Rhodes and
Alexandra York on
April Twenty-First at
Saint Joseph’s Church.
RSVP by April Second

Scotty had almost forgotten about Dustin’s wedding. “Marie and I were going to get married.” Scott thought to himself. [oh yeah? When did that happen? Methinks Scott is inventing stuff. Either that or I was] “Stop it, Scott! You’re not helping anything by getting yourself upset!” he admonished. Scott closed his eyes and shook his head. Talking to Angel would help. [how?]

NOTES

1) Oh gross, Steiners. Your relationship is weird and gross.

2) Scott, you are made of crazy. Obsess much? Rewrite history much? Wig out much? Oh, I guess I can’t blame you. Rick has obviously screwed with your head to the degree that you are incapable of maintaining any sort of healthy relationship with anyone else. Poor Scotty. You know what he needs? A healthy dose of AngelSense.

3) Where could Marie be? Maybe Scott should check the glasses aisle of Lame Disguises 'R Us.

COMING UP NEXT:

Violet's dastardly plan continues to unfold and Bobby mopes around some more. Sweet! Join us next time for ...

Chapter 33: Turning Up the Heat (part I)

4 comments:

Amy said...

I Love that you blame the Steiners for how you wrote them. :)
Your spelling and grammar have improved by this point, so I hold adult you more accountable for the content of this blog from this point further... ;) Although it will do nothing negative to my opinion of you, because this is all awesome.

FuzzyOctopus said...

I was still pretty young when I wrote this ... I'm estimating around 14 or so. And one may indeed argue that I have yet to reach adulthood, considering that I still wear clothes my grandma buys me from the juniors section at Macy's and I have never owned a car or had an actual job. Also, I ate a cereal called Leapin' Lemurs for breakfast today.

Adult me will indeed become accountable soonishly ... I continued writing this way past the point of good sense.

At any rate, I do appreciate the compliments on spelling and grammar. I was much better at spelling than I was at character development.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I liked how you tried to compare the stormy weather to Scott's stormy thoughts. But why would wind gust around the room? Was the window open? But I thought it was raining? Or was the wind generated by how much Scott's personality sucked?

FuzzyOctopus said...

I suppose that I thought wind blowing the invitation into Scott's view was a marvelously clever way to remind us of Dullexandra's nuptuals and Smarie's struggles. However, I heartily enjoy your suggestion that Scott sucks so bad that his mere creates a vacuum effect. It's far too brilliant a metaphor for me to have intended it that way, but it's awesome!