Sunday, March 8, 2009

Chapter 31: Revenge Begins

I’m typing this one outside because last night my dog ate half a bag of hershey’s kisses, wrappers and all, and I figure if they’re coming out, better for that not to be on our living room rug. The upside: it’s gorgeous out here. The downside: Slice is a novice composter and there’s a Tupperware full of rotting vegetables on the deck. It reeks.

Special shout out to all my readers, frequent commenters and lurkers alike. I just want to say that I appreciate all of y’all/youse guys. So hey out there in Naples, San Francisco, San Antonio, Irving, DC, Glenshaw, Houston, Nashville, Allentown, Chapel Hill, and anywhere else I’m not mentioning. Whether I know you personally or not, I’m super duper psyched that you’re reading, and I hope you’re having as much fun as I am.

Anyhoo … someone tell Angel to watch her back. A devious plot begins to unfold in …

Chapter 31 – Revenge Begins

Chris walked down the narrow corridor of Atlanta’s Omni, whistling an unidentifiable tune. His mind was off somewhere in space, so he didn’t notice the woman walking hurriedly in the other direction.

“Oh!” the woman exclaimed as they collided. Her papers spilled on the floor.

“I’m so sorry. I was kind of lost in thoughts,” Chris admitted, helping her scoop up the papers.

“I was a bit lost myself,” she said sheepishly.

Chris looked up at her. Her jet black hair was tied at the nape of her neck into a tight bun. Emerald eyes sparkled behind wire-rimmed glasses. [black hair and green eyes? Uh-oh. That can only mean one person. But glasses are a good disguise.] She was dressed in a dark linen skirt and top.

“I’m Violet Royce,” she greeted, offering her hand to Chris.

“Chris Benoit.”

“Nice to meet you, Chris. Maybe you can help me. Where is Ole Anderson’s office?” [why would he have an office at the arena?]

“I’ll walk you there.”

“Thank you.”

They started off into the direction of the office.

“So, what do you do here?” Chris asked.

“I’m a secretary for Ole. This is my first day.” [so my female characters consist of a nurse and a secretary. Nice.]

“Maybe I can show you around later.”

“I’d like that,” she smiled broadly.

Violet laughed to herself. This would be easier than she thought. [I dunno, Vi. It’s going to be tough to top Miss Elizabeth’s scheme.]

-----

“So the snail drives by and a guy says, ‘Hey! Look at that S car go!!’ Get it?” Angel finished her joke with a flourish.

Bobby smiled weakly.

“Oh, come on, Bobby. That at least deserved a groan!”

He shook his head silently. Angel hopped up on the cot next to him. She spoke gently. “Hey Bobby, you’ve been quiet all week. What’s up?”

“Nothing.”

Angel sighed. “Oh Bobby, you know I don’t believe that.”

He shrugged.

“I understand if you don’t want to talk.”

He nodded.

“You know where to find me if you change your mind.”

Another nod. Angel looked at her best friend for a long time. Seeing him like this really made her depressed. On an impulse, she threw her arms around him in a tight embrace. [Impulse? Hugs are the bread of Angel’s supermarket trips, not the Snickers bars. Mmm, snickers bars.]

“I love you, Bobby.”

“I love you too.”

“Don’t look so sad. You don’t deserve this.”

He looked into her eyes, smoothed her hair, and kissed her forehead.

“I’ve gotta go,” he said in a hushed voice. He jumped off the cot and left. Angel shook her head sadly. Poor Bobby, she thought. Maybe his going-away-again party this Friday would cheer him up.

---

NOTES

1) How was this a chapter? Chris bumps into Ole’s new secretary and Bobby pouts about whatever? Slow burn, ladies and gents. Slow burn.

2) The snail has an “S” painted on the outside of the car. I still like that joke.

3) Anyone think Violet/Marie/Sunny/Nightshade’s evil revenge plot is going to succeed? Anyone think I actually had a plan in mind rather than just making it up as I went along?


COMING UP NEXT ...

Another infernal Scott and Rick chapter. 'Nuff said.

Join us next time for ...

Chapter 32: Solitary Scott

4 comments:

Sloane said...

Thanks for writing this. I get a kick out of reading these chapters. Don't tell anyone, but I use to act out different scenarios in front of my mirror, usually being the manager of a tag team. My secret shame. Lol.

This brings me back.

FuzzyOctopus said...

Hi Sloane. Thanks for reading and commenting!

Your secret is safe with me. But hey, you find me the wrestling fan who hasn't acted out a few scenarios in the mirror, and I'll show you someone who isn't a true wrestling fan. We've all been there, lady.

Amy said...

haha! S Car Go! HAHAHAHA!

FuzzyOctopus said...

yay! thanks for the laugh! even if it's a pity laugh!