Monday, August 4, 2008

Chapter 12 - "Goodbye, < Middle Names II"

(new here? hi! please check out the introduction)

This one is my favorite. I can’t believe I wrote this.

Chapter 12 - “Goodbye.< Middle Names II”

8:05 am

Ms. Elizabeth could not believe the fans were more in favor of Anjel than her! Something drastic had to be done. She sat down and thought up a fiendishly clever and sinister plot. By the end of the day she would spring it into action.

4:55 PM

“Marty! Where are you!? The match will start in 5 minutes!” said Anjel frantically. (Little did our heroine know that this was all part of Elizabeth’s Master Plan.)
--- back in Elizabeth’s dressing room ---
--- Elizabeth had pulled Marty into the room as he walked past it.
“Marty, Anjel wanted me to tell you something.”
“Woah, now, Elizabeth. I’m not stupid. I know that you and Anjel do not get along. Whatever she wants to tell me she’ll do it herself.” he turned to leave, but Elizabeth grabbed him. “Allright, isn’t this Anjels handwriting?” she asked handing him a perfectly forged note.

Dear Marty,
I don’t know how to put this, but I must go back to Idaho. I will be living with a relative in Boise. I have to leave immeadiatly. Please don’t be sad. I have been given a job offering to be a doctor. There is no way you could com with me. You see, the relatives I have agreed to live with have a strict rule about strangers in the house. I tried to explain to them, but I couldn’t persuede them. Try to forget about me. Put me out of your mind.
I’ve already said goodbye to Brutus, Sherri, Mr. P., and the rest of the bunch. Goodbye 2 U. I love you. By the time you read this I’ll be gone. All of My Love – Charlotte Theodosia (Anjel)
P.S. Throw out this letter as soon as you read it. Prolonged sadness may lead to depression. All the Best, <3 Anjel

“It is her handwriting. I don’t believe it.” said Marty and tears filled his eyes. Elizabeth knew that Marty could not see through her phony disguise. “Oh Marty, I know how you feel. When Randy left me I went home. That’s why I’ve packed your bags for you, booked you a flight to Georgia. I’ve also sent a note to your friends saying goodbye. Here, now I’ll tear up your note.” Which she did. Marty was too heartbroken to say or do anything. There was a beep from outside. “Now there’s your cab.” She handed him the fare.
“He knows where to take you. Have a good flight.” she said and led him to the cab.
Just like that. He was gone. Time for phase 2 of the plan to be put into action. Elizabeth slipped a note beneath Anjel’s door and ran away silently. Anjel saw the note and read it. It as in Marty’s handwriting.

Dear Anjel,
I Regret To Say That I Must Go Back To Georgia. My Poor Grandfather Is Sick.
I Love You. – Marty Jannetty

“I don’t buy it.” Said Anjel looking over the note.
“First of all, 1 of Marty’s grandfathers live in Alabama and the other one lives in Maine. And if Marty really wrote that he’d put more into it. But it is his handwriting. I don’t get it.
Anjel walked around the whole building. No trace of him.
She asked all of Marty’s friends from Brutus to Al the janitor [?? Maybe he was in a lost story?]
“Sorry Anj, he never said anything to me, and I haven’t seen him in at least 5 hours.” said Brutus.

TO BE CONTINUED ...

NOTES:

1) Elizabeth seems somewhat disproportionately angry about Anjel’s offhand remark, no? But I must admit, her plan is AIR TIGHT. She even hands Marty the correct cab fare.

2) I don’t know about you, but I’d be a bit suspicious of any place that would offer Anjel a job as a doctor, seeing as how she’s not a doctor.

3) Does no one own a phone? I know this was way before the advent of cell phones … but still …people did communicate in the early 90’s via means that did not involve notes. Who share major pieces of vital information via notes?? Oh, yeah, middle-schoolers.

2 comments:

Amy said...

at least 5 hours. Maybe 5 hours ad 18 minutes.

FuzzyOctopus said...

I don't know if he was wearing a watch. I really should have specified.