Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Chapter 14: "Bitter Words"

(new here? Howdy! Please read the introduction first!)

This is the first one to feature any actual in-ring action. Not very much in-ring action, but at least it doesn’t take place entirely within someone’s “dressing room.” Actually, this wasn’t that bad in terms of an actually plausible wrestling angle. In terms of a well-written piece of literature, of course, it fails miserably. Enjoy!

Chapter 14: Bitter Words [these chapter titles are seriously starting to sound like titles of Sweet Valley High books]


The phone rang in Anjel’s room.
“Hello?”
“Hello, Ms. Theodosia, this is President Jack Tunney.”
“Hello Mr. President. What can I do for you?”
“I need your OK on a match pitting Marty Jannetty against Ric Flair.”
“When is it to be held?”
“7:15 PM at the Chyenne Civic Center.”
“Yes sir. What date sir?” (what a ditz!) [actually, that was me covering for me there. I wrote this story in pen and decided it was easier to have him ask a follow-up question than self-edit. Sucks to be you, Tunney.]

“May 23”
“Yes sir. I believe we are free sir. Thank you, Mr. President.”
“Good, see you in Wisconsin. Goodbye”
CLICK!
What an idiot! Cheyanne is in Wyoming! Oh well [see above]
Anjel walked into the hall and was about to relay the news to Marty when a thought hit her. OH NO! Mr. Perfect manages Ric Flair! What am I going to do?

She went and told her protégé. [Marty is her protégé?] the info about the match. Marty noticed something odd about her – he could sense it but he didn’t bring it up [probably because that would require him to have lines]. She left his room and went into her own. She dialed Mr. P’s phone number. Busy. It must be Jack Tunney. 20 minutes later Mr. Perfect knocked on her door.

“Come in.” she said.

He entered, his face looking grim. He heard the news.

“Hi.” Anjel said.

“Funny Jack Tunney?”

“Yeah.”

“Anjel, I’m paid to be an aid for Ric Flair. I’m paid to win matches.”

“Me too.” she admitted.

“It means that I might have to resort to cheating, or hurting Marty. I’ve got to do anything to win.” he said.

“I understand.”

“But I promise you, I won’t do anything to hurt you.”

“Me neither.”

He breathed a sigh of relief. “Temporary enemies.” They shook hands, smiled, and Anjel left.

7:15, Cheyanne W.Y.

With Nightshade leading the way and Mr. Perfect and Ric Flair following behind.

Anjel gave Marty a last minute pep-talk and left the ring.

The match raged on using foreign objects often Ric Flair was eventually disqualified for being seen with a steel chair. Marty was nearly unconscious and Anjel was close to tears. She stepped into the ring and helped him onto a stretcher. She was about to go with him when a strong hand grasped her wrist. “Ow!” she whirled to see Ric Flair holding her.

“Whoo!” He screamed in her face. He slapped her. She slapped him back quickly. He raised his hand to punch her but Mr. P. held him back. He spoke softly to him. Mr. Perfect finally convinced his boss to stop.

Meanwhile Night shade had snuck up to Anjel and slipped on Brass knucks. She reared up behind her and WHAM! Right on the back of the head!

-ANJEL- [shifting perspectives again! Just like the pilot episode!]

He was going to hit me – but Mr. P. stopped him. How wonderful of him! I Want to … OW!”

-GORILLA- [as in Monsoon. One of the best commentators ever!]

I don’t believe it! This whole thing was set up by that rat Mr. Perfect. He distratcted Anjel by stopping Ric Flair so Nightshade could hit her. How Horrible.

----------------

Mr. Perfect didn’t notice what happened until he saw Anjel out cold on the mat. Then he saw N.S. blowing off her brass knuckled hand. Ric Flair left and N.S. followed. Mr. P knelt over her limp body.

-GORILLA-
Now what? He’s going to punch her with lead-filled gloves?
-------------------------------
Mr. Perfect touched the bump on the back of her head very lightly. She was bleeding. He removed his jacket and held it beneath her head. He lifted her up tenderly and placed her on the stretcher.
--------------------
-GORILLA-
… I don’t understand!
-------------------------------

Anjel was wheeled to Cheyanne Medical center – the hospital where Marty was being treated. Mr. Perfect walked back to Ric Flair’s room with a mixture of feelings. Concern for Anjel’s health, and anger because Nightshade would do something like that.

N.S. had watched the whole ordeal of Mr. Perfect -the man she loved- actually HELP that little blonde bimbo – what’s her name—Anjel! What the hell is he doing?

--10 min later—

Mr. Perfect enters room … N.S. flew into a rage “How could you! You little traitor!! You fink! What do you think you were doing out there?”

“Me! Me! You were the one who hit her on the back of the head with brass knucks!”

“So?”

“So? So?” he repeated.

“You’re upset.”

“How can you tell?” He asked sarcastically.

“You’re repeating yourself.”

“Repeating myself! Repeating myself! No way!” [rotflolllllll!1!1!!]

“What are you so mad about? That’s my job.” She told him.

“You’re not paid to Pearl Harbor people!”

“Well you do it sometimes.”

“That’s only when Ric Flair is in trouble. Anjel posed no threat to his career.”

“Oh, now I’m totally confused. Which side are you on? Why are you sticking up for that bimbo?” [Nightshade is totally my favorite character so far, btw]

“I am not sticking up for her, and don’t call her a bimbo!”

“Ha Ha Ha! Now I see it. You two timer! How could you! You’ve got a relationship with that dumb blonde!”

“Her name is Anjel, and she is one of the greatest friends I’ve ever had. Not that that would’ve made a difference.”

“Oh, and what does that mean?”

“It means that even if you knew we were friends you would’ve hit her anyway.”

“Maybe.” she said frostily “What’s so great about her, anyway. What’s she got that I don’t?” [dangerous question to ask about a Mary Sue, Shady.]

“She’s nice and kind and most of all she cares about my feelings. That’s more than I can ever say for you. The only person you can feel for is Night Shade. I don’t understand what I ever saw in you – Sunny Tyler.”

Noone spoke. They both looked at each other with anger in their eyes.

“I hate you, Curt Hennig.” she said and slammed the door behind her.

“Sheesh!” said The Mountie as N.S. flew by him, nearly ramming into him. He saw his friend on the bed. His face was in his hands.
“Hey, what’s the problem, buddy?”

“Long story.”

“Wanna talk about it?”

“Sorry, Jaques.” He shook his head.

“It’s ok I understand” he said and patting him on the back and closed the door behind him softly.

--------------------
Every day Mr. Perfect came in to visit Anjel in the hospital. She needed 29 stitches for her head. She had a concussions and some bruises, but she was recovering beautifully. [can Anjel do anything in any way besides beautifully?]
-----------
1 ½ weeks later

Anjel was finally able to get out of her hospital bed and walk around. She was moved into her dressing room. Her head still ached terribly, though. Mr. Perfect was still depressed, Nightshade’s words hurt him so deeply not even Anjel could help him. Anjel felt terrible about Mr. Perfect. His heart had been broken because he had helped her. She had spent so many hours trying to comfort him and make him feel better, but it just wasn’t helping.

Nightshade quit her job as the Executive Consultette to go back to being a sales representive. She remembered the way Mr. Perfect hurt her and planned her revenge (little did she know that the last 3 words she spoke to Mr. P. was the best revenge in the world). She quickly wrote something on a piece of paper and sprayed it with something. Mr. Perfect had made the mistake of telling her something long ago.
--------------------------------------

Notes:

1) I loved The Mountie. I think he might have been in a lost story somewhere, but I can’t remember. Personally, I’m glad I can’t remember … I’d rather not tarnish his character. Anyone remember when he sung his own theme song? “I’m the Mountie! I’m handsome, I’m brave, and I’m strong! I’m the Mountie! And I enforce the law! You can try to run, but you can never hide! The Mountieeeee always gets his man!” Good stuff!!

2) Aw, I miss Gorilla Monsoon. And Mr. Perfect. RIP, fellas.


COMING UP NEXT: Bitter Words, Part II, in which we see the devastating repercussions of crossing Nightshade. What’s that you say? You want more debilitating allergy stories? Coming right up!
----------------------------------------------

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, I like the phrase "Executive Consultette." I am not sure this is a real word but, if it isn't, it should be. Talk about putting "sexy" into the boring white-shoe "consultant"

FuzzyOctopus said...

Well, according to the "real" storyline, Mr. Perfect was offically Ric Flair's Executive Consultant. So I kind of didn't make it up. But thanks anyway!

Amy said...

I think we need a "misunderstanding of what a dressing room is" tag. Poor Marty; he actually was in a match and still didn't get to talk.

FuzzyOctopus said...

Marty finally speaks in the next story ... and it's totally worth the wait.