Friday, August 8, 2008

A Perfect Point of View: Part II

(just tuning in? Hello! Please read the introduction first!)

I'm sure y'all are just on the edge of your seats wondering what's going to happen next. Never fear ... for now I bring to you: “A Perfect Point of View” part II ... and yes, Anjel finds her little blonde way into this .... good golly.

“A Perfect Point of View” part II:

**~~The Next Day~~**

The Flair Trifecta—I mean Quadfecta meeting was called early because Slick Ric was taping an interview for Superstars which I was not invited to. We had the afternoon off.
“Oh, Damn!” [gasp! A swear word! Look out, Mr. P!] said N.S.
“What?” I asked
“My old boss, Riely is supposed to call soon to discuss the finality of my resignation.”
“What were you?”
“Sales Rep. I’ve got 15 minutes.” she replied.
I walked her to her door when we got there she invited me in. There were 5 minutes to spare.
“Nice place” I said
“Thanks.”
The way she said that was amazing. It wasn’t like she was just saying it to be polite. She said it like—well, I can’t describe it. Oh great, now she’s got me analyzing thank yous. Am I in love or what? It wasn’t until I actually thought it that I realized it. I was I love with this woman. But did she fell even a little like himself about him? She did kiss me but I’ll bet she does that to hundreds of men. That’s part of her charm, she’s so ….. mysterious.
While I was in deep thought, she kissed me again. Even better than the last time because 1. it lasted longer 2. she had her arms around my neck and 3. this time we were kissing each other instead of just her kissing me. Man oh man do I love her.
<><><>
Oh god! He is an incredible kisser. The best I’ve ever had … no … the best was Tommy … no I mean George … or Roger. Well he’s one of the best. And he’s nice, and funny, and he seems to like me, plus he is good looking. All this and a terrific kisser. Wow! He’s perfect he even wears black. But do I need him. I’m not sure. You can’t tell much person in 2 days. Can you?
<><><>
The telephone rang.
“Oh Damn. It’s Riely!” she said.
I kissed her on the cheek and said good bye while she picked up the phone. I started to wash off the purple lipstick [classy!] smeared on my face. When I had finsied, I wrote a letter to Anjel.

Dear Anjel,

Hello! How is Marty? You know the WWF’s policy of if a wrestler leaves, a replacement must be found, well … you should see the new replacement! Her name is Nightshade, and, well I think I’m in love with her. Let me tell you about her. She’s got long black hair, green eyes and wears purple lipstick. She is very mysterious I don’t know much about her except that she’s from New York City and likes Bobby Darin. She’s impulsive and we’ve kissed each other 2 times* so far. She has to date at least 20 times a week. She’s nice when she wants to be, she kinds of reminds me of the way I’m supposed to be, only a little nicer. Anyway, even though we’ve kissed, I’m not sure of how she feels about me. Should I tell her I love her? I miss you very much. Things just aren’t the same without you.

* actually she kissed me first, then we both kissed.

Love, Mr. P

PS – have the peach trees blossomed yet?
PPS – Bobby says Hello! And the Mountie wants me to tell you that he misses you <3

Here’s the letter I got back

Dear Mr. P,

Hi! Boy it’s good to hear from you! I miss you so much! Marty is fine [what? No flu?] and yes! The Peach Trees have bloomed! Well the woman you love sounds very intriging! By what you tell me I would thing that she is not the kind of person who would want to make a commitment just yet [but … they’ve kissed]. Since she kissed you first, I think that she will tell you how she feels when she’s ready, But if you believe—truly believe—that she loves you back, go ahead and tell her! Let me know how things go! I’m only a letter or a phone call away! All the best. Love, Anjel

PS – say hi! To Bobby and tell the mountie I miss him too!

--

I can always get good advice from Anjel. I really do love her, not like I love Nightshade, I mean she’s absolutely beautiful, but still, I love her like a sister. She’s my best friend. I’m not absolutely sure N.S. loves me, in fact, I doubt it, so I’ll have to wait until she tells me.
Someone knocked on my door.
“Come in!” I said
It was Nightshade she stepped into my room.
“Oh, air conditioning!” said N.S. as she sampled the temperature in my room.
“Do you want me to turn it off or something? This heat in Florida can make me pass out.” I asked.
“No, leave it on, I like it.” she continued “I was wondering, what does Ric Flair want us to do?”
“Nothing until 6:00 tonight, he’s got a match and we need to plan it.” I informed her.
“Oh. 4 whole hours to kill.” she said and I swear I saw a twinkle in her beautiful green eyes. I don’t know why I said it, but right then and there I told her
“N.S., I love you”
And she laughed! That sound I thought was beautiful was now a creul sound. She laughed! How could she? [uhm, maybe because you just met her yesterday?]
<><><>
Ow! Why did I do that? The poor guy! He loved me and I laughed.
<><><>
“Get out now or I’ll pick you up and put you out and I mean it!” I said.
She left looking down. I sat and thought about it. I need to talk to Anjel [of course]. Since Florida and Georgia were close I called her. (don't want to spring for long distance???)



Notes

1) My sixth-grade math teacher was named Mr. Reilly. I apologize for involving him in this story and misspelling his name. Also, I still don’t know what a sales rep does.

2) I think one of my lost stories involves Mr. P. almost passing out in Anjel’s dressing room because she doesn’t have the air conditioning turned on. I’m sure it was exciting; too bad y’all are missing out.

COMING UP NEXT: “A Perfect Point of View”: part III, in which Nightshade apologizes to Mr. P. I smell egregious crying! It also contains one of the best lines I've ever written.

4 comments:

Amy said...

pfft!!!!!! "Have the peach trees blossomed, yet?" That says to me that you're a girl who knows a thing or two about Georgia! :) Should you tell NS that you Love her, Mr. P? I don't know, maybe you can write & send a letter to Anjel, and get a response 10 minutes later. Why don't you realize she is a bad person to ask for romantic advice. Look what happened to Brutus!

FuzzyOctopus said...

True, middle-school me had never been to GA. (Actually, aside from several layovers in the ATL airport, adult me hasn't been there much either.) All I pretty much knew then was that peaches came from Georgia. Therefore, there simply must be peach trees blooming EVERYWHERE.

You are quite alert to point out that these folks are receiving and responding to letters at an alarming rate. Maybe it was a prescient look ahead to email on my part. Either that or craptacular writing!

Amy said...

Also- just an observation- lots of feelings, not a whole lot of, you know... wrestling. It's like sorority house!

FuzzyOctopus said...

Never fear, AC ... there will be a modicum of in-ring action in the next story: "Bitter Words"